Monday, July 26, 2010

Simple Basil Pesto

... especially when you have scads in your backyard thanks to your husband... or my husband, rather.

You'll need a food processor or blender
Fresh basil
3 garlic cloves pealed
Pine nuts
Parmesan cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Pluck your leaves, leaving the stems:

Pulse to break down a tad


Add Parm

Add pine nuts [I didn't toast mine. But I think you should]

Can you count, 'cause I clearly can't. I called these 3 garlic cloves:

Drizzle your olive oil while whirling the processor
someone needs to put away her produce after returning from the store.

Mix with freshly cooked, drained pasta, incorporate evenly and add hot pasta water to thin if needed. Serve with grilled chicken on the side or sliced and thrown in. Salad, grilled zucchini - whatever your heart desires! Most people go with bread on the side. However, consider that your pasta is already a starch, or... if you're on your period, go gangbusters! Eat a whole loaf. See if I care!

No comments:

Post a Comment